Quantum Workplace leveraged employee survey data from “nearly 5,000 organizations and 400,000 employees that participated in the Best Places to Work program” to identify cities where employees were most satisfied with employee recognition. Information was collected about employees’ perception of recognition frequency on items such as, a pay increase, access to new learning or training materials, granted time off, and praise from senior leadership.
It found that the top 10 cities are:
- Huntsville, AL – 73% Satisfied Employees
- Nashville, TN – 69% Satisfied Employees
- Austin, TX – 68% Satisfied Employees
- San Antonio, TX – 68% Satisfied Employees
- Washington, D.C. – 68% Satisfied Employees
- Atlanta, GA – 67% Satisfied Employees
- Charlotte, NC – 67% Satisfied Employees
- Orlando, FL – 67% Satisfied Employees
- Raleigh, NC – 67% Satisfied Employees
- Tampa, FL – 67% Satisfied Employees
Quantum Workplace’s 2014 Recognition Trends Report examines more details on employee recognition, including examining employees’ preference of 11 different types of recognition and the frequency at which each were received; it segments its findings across eight demographics, including gender, position level, age, and race.
Additional Source: Forbes, The Top 10 Cities for Employee Engagement; The Best Places to Work in the Federal Government 2013 Rankings