In its Newsletters, the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB) includes a short licensing quiz at the end. Below are the questions in its Spring 2014 Newsletter. How many questions can you answer correctly?
“1. True or False: An applicant can get a new ‘B’ license without testing if he or she is already acting as an ‘A’ class qualifier on an existing license.
2. True or False: If an applicant doesn’t meet the experience requirements, CSLB will refund the application fee.
3. If education or apprenticeship time is granted to an applicant, what is the minimum amount of hands-on journey-level work experience that must be verifiable? a. 1 year b. 2 years c. 4 years
4. A licensee has ______ days to comply with an outstanding liability entered on a license? a. 90 days b. 60 days c. 30 days
5. True or False: You are forbidden by law (B&P Code section 7071.13) from listing in your ‘advertising, soliciting, etc.,’ that you are bonded.
6. May a home improvement salesperson work for more than one contractor?
a. Yes b. No”
For the answers, Spring 2014 Newsletter.
For additional licensing quiz questions, CSLB Newsletter Archives.
Additional Resources: A + B + C (40 + 30) = California Contractor License Classifications (and Subcategories); CSLB Laws and Regulations