Our mid-year roundup highlights the top-read Gravel2Gavel posts from 2022 so far. Our authors provided deep industry insights and summarized hot topics that addressed various legal implications and disruptions that affected the market, ranging from topics like investing in real estate metaverse to the clean hydrogen transition.
- Do Municipal Gas Bans Slow the Clean Hydrogen Transition in Real Estate? by Sidney L. Fowler, Robert G. Howard and Emily Huang. The authors discuss the potential of clean hydrogen and how it will play a significant role in the energy transition by serving as a carbon-free form of energy storage and heat production.
- NFT Use Cases in Real Estate by Megan L. Jones and David W. Wright. The authors discuss how entrepreneurs are searching for new industries to disrupt utilizing the advantages offered by NFTs and blockchain more generally, with many turning their heads towards real estate.
- Smart Building and Smarter Protocols: Mitigating IoT Cybersecurity Risks in Commercial Real Estate by Rachel G. Newell and S. Michelle Ki. The authors discuss how companies must develop heightened awareness of cybersecurity risks of smart technologies and take the necessary steps to address their vulnerabilities.
- 5G Technology and the IoT Introduce New Regulatory and Security Concerns for Developers by Lee G. Petro. The author discusses considerations for real estate developers to keep in mind when incorporating the newest technologies into their daily operations.
- Investing in Metaverse Real Estate: Mind the Gap Between Recognized and Realized Potential by Robert G. Howard, David W. Wright and Craig A. de Ridder. The authors discuss how real estate in the real world and virtual real estate in the Metaverse are distinct in various significant respects.